This is a recipe for a light summer cake which is super lemony and fresh!
Ingredients (for a 22 cm pan):
for the pastry:
- 60 g grounded nuts (I used hazelnuts and almonds)
- 40 g whole almonds (with skin)
- 120 g italian amaretti cookies (you can use regular butter cookies instead as well)
- 120 g butter
for the filling:
- 210 g ricotta cheese
- 150 g cream cheese
- 80 g sugar
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 2 branches of rosemary
for the lemon topping:
- 30 g butter
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 45 g sugar
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 10 g starch
- Roast the whole almonds for 5 minutes without oil. Then, cut them into small pieces (not grounded, but not too big either. Crunch the amaretti cookies to crumbles and mix them with the almonds and the grounded nuts.
- Melt the butter. Butter and crumble the cake pan and add the crumble mix and the melted butter and combine well. Press the mass on the ground of the cake pan and freeze it for 15 minutes before baking.
- Cut the rosemary into small pieces and mix it together with the lemon zest. Add some salt and sugar and combine them (the aroma will
- develop better this way).
- Combine ricotta, cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice and add the lemon zest with the rosemary in the end.
- Fill the mass onto the pastry ground and bake in preheated oven in 180°C for 45 minutes. Let it cool down.
- For the lemon curd like topping, mix lemon juice and sugar and bring it to boil for 3 minutes. Add the butter and boil again. Then add the starch (bit by bit) and combine well, bring to boil for 2 minutes until the mass gets thick (add more starch if it is too liquid). Let it cool down a bit and spread it onto the cake.
- Decorate the cake with lemon slices and rosemary branches. Enjoy!♥