This is a beautiful and fresh summer cake. I like how the taste of avocado and strawberry fit, as well as the colours…
Ingredients: (for a 22/24 cm pan):
for the pastry:
- 250 g flour
- 225 g ice-cold butter
- 50 g sugar
- pinch of salt
- 60 ml ice-cold water (put it a little bit into the freezer before…)
for the topping:
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 3-4 avocados
- 90 g cream cheese
- 100 ml lime juice
- 100 ml honey
- fresh strawberries
- Mix flour with sugar and salt. Quickly mix the butter with half of the flour (add small pieces of butter bit by bit). Work in the rest of the flour and then work in the water.
- Form the pastry to a flat ball, cover in kitchen foil and let it rest for at least 1 h in the fridge (you an leave it up to 2 days).
- Butter the pan.
- Roll the pastry on a floured working space to an even and round shape (it should be the size of the desired pan + margin + 2 cm).
- Roll the pastry over a rolling pin and unroll it on the cake pan. Evenly press the pastry into the cake pan and let it overlap on top evenly. Pinch the ground with a fork a couple if times and let it rest in the fridge for another 20 min. Preheat oven to 175° top/bottom heat.
- Bake pastry for 30-40 min (first 15 min blind with parchment paper and legumes, the rest without). Check if the pastry stays overlapped, otherwise pull it up again.
- Let the pastry cool down completely in the pan. Carefully break the upper margin and quit the pan.
- Melt chocolate in a bain-marie (Bring a pot of water to boil, break chocolate into pieces and place them in a metal bowl and let it “swim” in the boiling water until chocolate is melted. Be careful that no water enters to the bowl with the chocolate.)
- Spread the melted chocolate on top of the pastry ground with a spoon and let it cool down.
- For the filling just blend all ingredients (except the strawberries) and pour the mass on top of the chocolate. Place the cake into the fridge for at least 4 h.
- Decorate the cake with fresh strawberries. It can stay up to 2 days refrigerated. Enjoy! ♥